Is this art? #2
Jim Carrey speaks onstage during the Oscars.
I hope this is not the only Bruce Dern impression I’ll see on TV in my lifetime.
As the daughter of a hoarder and almost-former shut-in, I accept that dating will be impossible.
"We can go back to my place and reheat two-day old Taco Bell bean and cheese burritos and drink apple cider and listen to the Rick Dees vinyl my mom bought for absolutely no reason. And my folks will hover around the whole time in tense silence. Are you into that?"
Today’s episode of The Fogelnest Files is great and not just because Rachel (unicornery) suggested it. And I gotta say that I support an Andy Daly, Jake Fogelnest, and Rachel Lichtman one-shot Monkees podcast 200%.
I get excited when I see my underwear accidentally matches my dress. Remember, all you sane people are not as blessed and grateful as I am.
- going to my first therapy appointment (which I replayed in my mind over and over until I wanted to kill myself AS USUAL)
- reading half of The Riot Grrrl Collection
- finally saving enough money for UCB sketch classes
- actually crying tears at Japanese dramas twice
unicornery said: are you trying to “swipe left” on your own picture??
No, I’m just posing like an asshole. I don’t even know what swiping is. I’m a phoneless person.
This week the Today show did something called “Love Your Selfie” and while I did have a seizure over the name, I respect the concept. So here you go, Hoda Kotb?
My biggest regret is not skipping school for the Phil Spector trial. All I had to do was jump the campus fence, run across the street, and sneak into the courthouse To Kill A Mockingbird-style.
If Alhambra history was one of my classes, that should’ve been the field trip.
Don’t Throw Me No Bean Bag on 723 AM KARI (3:48)
Yes, Michael Keaton is in a few movies now but he wasn’t in 2004.
Nick Lowe - “Born Fighter”
The Black Keys - “All Hands Against His Own”
An incredibly thorough article about some of my favorite people.
- edited a couple KARI AMs.
- ate two Taco Bell burritos from two days ago
- cried because I read the vicious comments on this XOJane article about choosing to be a shut-in. Even though this woman’s circumstances are different, I still feel like a groundhog poking the top of its head out and retreating for six more years of depression.
- wrote a fucking poem
- napped for four hours
- woke up to yet another bloody nose ‘cause I drank less than a vending machine of water during all this
You Betsy I Know Etsy on 723 AM KARI (1:43)
I discuss Tom Waits hair clips and pitch other handmade accessories.
Tom Waits - “Hang Down Your Head”
Tom Waits - “Hang On St. Christopher”